- Spring force: 0.7N through 4N
- Min. pitch of 0.5mm (20mil) at standard tolerances of PCBs.
- Min. pad diameter of 0.3mm (12mil) at standard tolerances of PCBs. with special adjustment down to 0.2mm
- Max. number of test points about 5000.
- Longer life cycles compared to standard fixtures
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Higher density of test pads. 20 test pads per cm² for the complete test area with the low version of the testhead. Partially up to 50 test pads per cm². With the high version of the test head we can double above mentioned figures.
- Types of pads: standard pads, vias, legs of components or ICs, test points integrated in traces
- Significant cost reduction for the fixture at re-designs or tests of similar PCBs.
Advantages for the user:
- ICT Test recovers more importance by our ZOOM-FIXTURING System.
- With the possibility of contacting vias, the test coverage can be increased significantly.
- The need of contacting both sides of the PCB can be avoided by using our fine pitch contacting, which proves to be an important cost reducing fact.
- Massive savings of space for the test pads, so much more test points can be designed.
- You will save a lot of time when designing the PCB.
- Maintenance is easier and cheaper.
- When re-designing the PCB you can get cost savings up to 70%.
- When testing similar PCBs with the same fixture you can reduce the costs for the fixture by 70% compared to various single fixtures
Our ZOOM-FIXTURING systems works with a two-part design. It consists of a bed of nails and a test head which is the translator from the Fine Pitch to the Standard Pitch.
The bed of nails incorporates the design of Standard Vacuum-, Mechanical- or Pneumatic Fixtures or In-line Systems.
- It contains spring contact probes with a pitch of 2.54mm (100mil) respectively 1.91mm (75mil), not depending on the pitch of the PCB that should be tested.
- Therefore you can generally use a wire wrap connection to the Interface.
- Wiring costs for Fine Pitch PCBs are the same as for standard 2.54mm (100mil) PCBs.
- Wiring quality is exactly the same as for 2.54mm (100mil) or 1.91 (75mil) wiring.
- The standard spring contact probes offer a great variety of contact forces.
- All spring contact probes are located apart of the dirt area caused by the device.
- The life time is rising up to about 500.000 cycles. Even 1 million cycles are possible.
The test head transfers the spring contact probes of the ground plate to the test positions.
- A precise test is guaranteed by translator pins which are exactly guided towards the test point and connected to the spring contact probes.
- The tested PCB is mounted directly above the guiding plate of the translator pins.
- Cut-outs are incorporated according to any device located on the test side of the PCB. Any tolerances that could occur due to some unguided pin lengths or a poor pointing accuracy can be excluded by using this design. Generally it would also be possible to place the
device in a certain distance so that only a few or even no cut-outs in the guiding plate are necessary. This would of course result in worse tolerances. The min. pad diameter would then increase to 0.4mm.
- The total tolerances of the fixture (device mounted directly) from the guiding pins to the test probes are +/- 0.05mm.
- Testjet or Opens Sensors can be integrated easily on either side.
- The translator pin get into contact with dust or dirt of the PCB. These pins can be changed fast and easily without removing the moving plate.
- The test head can also be removed or changed without any problem.
- The translator pins can usually do more than 100.000 cycles. Even up to 1.000.000 cycles have already been achieved with very clean PCBs.
It is obviously the easy way of changing the translator pins as well as the high contact reliability that convinced the engineers in production and maintenance of our ZOOM-FIXTURING System.
- Universal usability of the basic fixture by simply changing the test head. For the universal positioning of the power and ground pins we have already developed a solution.
- Further reduction of pitch and pad diameter.
ZOOM-FIXTURING works with TITANIUM PRO ICT Probes.
- Best pointing accuracy, therefore more accurate measurement of critical components.
- Lowest and most consistent resistance (7-8mOhm)
- Extremely strong tip and plunger.
- Increased through-put at constant quality and reduced probe related false opens.
- More repeatable test results.